Saturday, April 28, 2007

busy busy


I haven't picked up the second Kroy sock after re-doing the toe. I've lost interest in it. So I cast on another sock. I am using Louet Gems in Baby Neptune (one ply is blue and the other ply is white). My lys recently started stocking it (in a million colours, too). The resulting fabric is sooo soft. I'll bet it gets even softer after washing. If this works out well, I may have a new favourite sock yarn. I'm not sure I like the marl. It's ok but not stunning. I'm not sure what I was expecting.

I got 2 knitting pattern leaflets the other day courtesy of a quilting friend - Jean Greenhowe's Knitted Clowns and MacScarecrow Clan. Aren't they hilarious? I spent a lot of time looking at the details of each picture. I love all of them. Am I too old to knit myself toys?

I've been giving unloved yarn away on Good Yarn Karma. So far, 5 batches of yarn have found new homes. That means more room for new yarn! Although, I don't really need more. I just want more.

And I finally mailed the KTE package to my pal. I waited and waited for the last treat to arrive from NY and it finally showed up after 2 weeks. There was a big gaping hole in the envelope but thankfully, the contents were undamaged. I was in such a hurry that I didn't take any pictures. Hopefully, my pal will post the contents on her blog. I should be getting my package sometime this week. I am so excited.


I finished sewing together the top for my niece's quilt. There's not enough contrast between some of the fabrics so it's hard to see the block design. I made one boo boo - there's 2 bee blocks right beside each other. I'm not sure whether I sewed the blocks in the wrong order or I laid it out wrong. Tomorrow, I need to sew the backing fabric together and then I get to lay on the floor for a few hours basting the layers together. I don't know how far I'll get since my back is killing me tonite. I also need to decide on a quilting pattern so the basting isn't urgent.

I broke down and bought the Dresden Ring pattern by Patchworks Studio and some fabric to make it. If my back hurts too much tomorrow, I may work on this instead of the quilt. Or I could finish any one of several quilting projects.


Earlier this week, I bought this very cute keychain for myself. I wanted to buy a bunch for all my friends but this was the very last one. Don't you hate it when that happens?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are never too old for toys! The quilt looks very nice!