Friday, October 19, 2007

Christmas knitting status

Mom's cardi: I have 17" of the body knitted - only 4.5" to go. This project is stalling slightly in favour of more interesting knitting. But since it's more than halfway done and it's only mid October, it'll be finished on time.

Hubby's sox: One sock down and one sock to go. Not feeling the sock love at the moment but once Mom's cardi is finished, I'll cast on when I need plain stockinette knitting.

Anna's mumble mumble mumble: I've posted pictures and progress to Ravelry and the KAL. You'll have to go there to check it out.

Puppet mittens: I haven't cast on for those yet. Megan's hands are small and the pattern's smallest size is too big for her. So I need to swatch and do some math before I cast on.

On to some miscellany...
Last week, I made sock blockers out of vinyl placemats. So what do you do with the left over pieces? Make yourself some mitten blockers:


So that you can block your finished Endpaper mitten:


Isn't it gorgeous? There's one boo boo - can you spot it? I guess when I screwed up, I didn't manage to fix the entire round. Oh well.

Jen has received the goodies that I sent her for winning my sockiversary contest. I cannot find the pictures I took of the prize package. She'll be posting pictures on her blog this weekend.

I received an email from my secret Monkey Swap pal. She was hinting that my package might be in the mail this week. Yippee! I can't wait to see what she made me.

And have you seen these socks? Ya know that I like short row heels - how 'bout an entire short row sock? These look cool and I'm going to try the pattern as soon as I finish my Christmas knitting. Do you think I can wait that long?

2 comments:

bobbi said...

Christmas knitting, i have not started mine yet, what a person to do? sob, sob.
love the rainbow socks, just what i needed another sock pattern.

The Imperfect Knitter said...

For first time fairisle , I think the mitten is brilliant . I love the sock pattern from magknits , your Christmas knitting is putting me to shame .............