Wednesday, November 21, 2007

slim pickin's

There has been lots and lots of knitting (thanks to a boo boo that required 40 rows to be frogged) but it's Anna's Christmas present so no pictures and no details about what's happening. So what else can I talk about?

I went out to IKEA on Monday night to join a different group of knitters (greatervancouverknitters in Yahoo groups). I was there earlier in the summer but I haven't been back until Mon. There were 5 of us - myself, Marina, Mary Jo, Maryann, and Margaret. We were working on various things. Marina was knitting toques for male family members (all the females are getting felted bags). Margaret was making a vest for her husband (he only wears vests - even sleeping in them!). Mary Jo was making a sweater for herself. Maryann was knitting socks. I had a good time and I got a lot done.

My Mom and I went on a Christmas shopping blitz yesterday. We hit the big mall and bought tons of stuff. I also had to buy birthday presents for my Dad, a niece, and a friend. I was a good girl and didn't buy anything for myself other than a paper advent calendar.

I mooched supper from my parents because hubby was working late so I didn't need to be home. Dad made pasta with meatballs (he makes killer meatballs). It was a nice visit but a little strange. Here are some things that I need to remember:
- bring your own parmesan cheese
- if you want to drink anything other than instant coffee, green tea, gatorade, or water, bring it yourself
- don't let Dad see the top of your head otherwise, you'll hear the words, "You've got a lot of grey hair!"
- make sure there's ink in the printer before you show Mom any patterns on Ravelry
- bring warm clothes cuz the house is cold

And it is cold outside! I put on my jacket and went out to scrape the frost off my car this morning. I had to come back inside and switch to my down coat (the one that makes me look like the Michelin woman). Brrrr!

Well, I should get back to the knitting. Only a month and a few days til Christmas! Eeeep!

No comments: