Wednesday, December 17, 2008

snow day


I took this picture around 10am - before another 2-3 inches of snow fell. It is crazy out there. Hubby had to shovel snow twice and we've almost run out of ice melter.

Hubby and I braved the snow and went out for a little last minute Christmas shopping this afternoon. We were looking for a stand for our new TV. We didn't see anything we liked. Everything is either hi-tech (glass & metal) looking or old fashioned ugly. Then we had a look at window coverings (can't have any glare on the new TV). We also found shoes for hubby! He's got size 13 feet and there's not much of a selection in that size. We got lucky today so I made him buy 2 pairs.

I'm (unofficially) Christmas knitting.


This will become a really nice market bag once it's felted. It's the first time I've used Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride worsted and I absolutely love it to bits. It's so soft and heathery and cozy. I want to make myself a sweater with this yarn. I'm madly searching for the right pattern. Got any suggestions?

3 comments:

gayle said...

Love the green yarn.

You might want to hold off on the new window coverings. We got a 'big' TV recently. It's a guy thing (although I must admit it's nice for movies). I was worried about the glare as it faces the window. For some reason, there is no glare....must be some special kind of glass they use.

Bea said...

SO much snow! Wow. We had a couple of flurries this week but otherwise its been all FOG. Lots and lots of fog.

PurlingPirate said...

I can proudly say, I've never had to shovel snow. ;)