Thursday, January 8, 2009

I'm hot

Literally... After a very restless night, I woke up this morning feeling very hot. I took my temperature and the thermometer said 102F. Humph! So I have the flu on top of my cough. I am snuggled in bed with 2 cats, the laptop, and several knitting projects.


I'm making good progress on the Everlasting Bag Stopper. I'll need to stop soon and measure it against a regular plastic shopping bag.


This is a sample for Black Sheep Yarns. The Smooshy is lovely but the pattern is kicking my butt. The pattern is a 4 row repeat but I haven't been able to memorize it because the lace doesn't repeat within the row. Blech.

The sooper seekrit project is also getting a lot of knitting time. It's looking great so far.

My friends (I made them kitty wash cloths and the R2D2 beanie) gave me a gc to a yarn store, Knitopia for Christmas. I drove out there yesterday and redeemed it!


From L to R: 2 skeins of Berroco Ultra Alpaca Fine, Berroco Peruvia Colors, and a skein of West Coast Colour Aurora Borealis. The Aurora Borealis is a spectacular mix of alpaca and mohair. It's black with a small strand of colour that changes from blue to purple. It's stunning in person but so hard to photograph.

I think I'm ready for my afternoon snooze. Nighty night.

3 comments:

Gail from Surrey said...

We missed you at WNK. Hope you are feeling better soon. You will have to bring your new yarn, so that we might all have a cuddle.

Bea said...

I hope you feel better soon! HUGS!!

PurlingPirate said...

Well, when you're hot, you're hot! Sorry, lame I know. Hope you recover very soon!