Friday, March 13, 2009

Dotty says, "I'm stress knitting"

Isn't it cool that Gladys has an article in Knitty? Apparently, our blog stats are through the roof. And I am so proud of my STR Husky. Because Gladys knit up her skein, she had to borrow mine for the photos in the article. She's lucky that our hubbies bought us the same colour.

I can really crank out the knitting when I'm stressed. There was an "incident" on Tues that had me driving hubby around, sitting at home worrying, and ultimately resulted in a trip to the hospital emergency room. He's ok (for now) but what's really troublesome is that we don't know what's wrong with him. Wah!

The first replacement sock for my sister is almost done. I'm still not sure if she'll like the colours.


A group of us are making squares for an afghan. I was given a bunch of yarn and so far, I've made 5. I loved laying out all the bits of yarn and picking two to knit together. My favourite is the green & orange one. It reminds me of pumpkins. I have to remember to block these today.


I wound up my Americo yarn and started knitting the Lace Ribbon scarf. I've made one before so this is moving quite quickly. I love the yarn and I love the slubbiness of the scarf.


I get the feeling that Phoebe is trying to tell me something. But I can't figure out what.

1 comment:

Bea said...

I'm sorry about your husband being sick and all your worry and stress. I'm sending a bunch of hugs, some springtime, and some dog drool to make you feel a bit better. Hopefully one or more of those things will help.

I love the orange and green square. You are right that it is the best. Your knitting is coming along really well. The scarf is going to be so very pretty.

Penny tells me (by screeching loudly in my ear) that she agrees with Phoebe.