Sunday, April 4, 2010

poor man's cashmere

Malabrigo Sock yarn isn't cashmere but it's still really soft.


Pattern: Lacy Kerchief Scarf by Lisa Daehlin (published in Interweave Knits Summer 2005)
Yarn: Malabrigo Sock (1 skein; 440 yds) in Cote D'azure
Needles: 4mm Addi Turbo circs
Notes: I increased/decreased every 8 rows (i.e. on row 1 of chart) instead of every 6. Before blocking, the scarf measured 7" at the widest point and 61" long. After blocking, the scarf is 8" at the widest point and 72" long. I have 18g of yarn leftover so that means I used about 361 yds. I misjudged the midpoint of the skein so I have leftover yarn. But that's ok because 72" is plenty long for a scarf.

Thanks for the inspiration, Li. I love it.

6 comments:

Batty said...

Oooh, stunning! Love the dark color and the pattern. Very dramatic.

Bea said...

Lovely. The pattern and color are perfect together.

PurlingPirate said...

I did manage to find the magazine that has that pattern in it yesterday while I was shuffling boxes around. I swear the number of boxes is increasing while I sleep. Yours is gorgeous. I'm having fun trying to pick a yarn for it!

ColorSlut said...

Looks delicious!

knitseashore said...

I love the lace border! So feminine.

Life's a Stitch said...

Wow, you are quick, lady! It is beautiful and a semi solid is perfect for it.