Monday, March 28, 2011

spoiler alert

March really got away from me. I was recovering from Hawaii and then I got really, really sick. Then there was catching up and wham!, it's the end of March and I'm going to be very late. It was my friend, P-la's birthday last weekend ::waves hi:: and despite my best intentions (i.e. shopping at Fibres West), my plan to have her birthday present arrive on time failed miserably because I didn't really have anything to give her. But I'm making up for it. P-la - if you're reading this, you might want to move on to the next blog and then come back to this post in a few weeks, k?

I spent the week scouring Ravelry for ideas and eventually came up with this:


Pattern: Summer Flies by Donna Griffin
Yarn: Madelinetosh Tosh DK in col Ms. Taylor (2 skeins; 100g & 225 yds each)
Needles: 5mm Addi Turbos
Notes: Finished size is a little smaller than the original. Next time I make this, I will go up a needle size. Took 3 days to complete (including blocking).

Hope she likes it!

2 comments:

AdrieneJ said...

I have that in my Rav favourites! And I'm officially in love with madelinetosh yarns... so saturated with luscious colours! Beautiful!

Sharon in Surrey said...

Sooooooo nice to fondle & see in person. I expected it to be bigger after seeing it on the blog but it was verrrrry nice anyway!!! You should see the next one . . . .