Monday, February 26, 2007

feelin' Irish



I'm making good progress on the Canal Du Midi sock. Doesn't the greeny goodness remind you of the Irish? I might get these done in time to wear on St. Patrick's Day.

I've caught hubby's cold so my butt was parked on the couch all day (I also plugged all 3 Matrix movies into the DVD player). This picture was taken earlier today so the sock's much longer now. Do you see anything unusual about the sock? Like how it's twisting to the left? It is much more pronounced now that the sock is longer. I don't know why it's twisting - this has never happened to me before. I just hope it all blocks out.

I had a slight panic yesterday night. I realized after starting the sock that the pattern calls for 2 - 100g balls of yarn. I only have 2 - 50g skeins. And when I weighed them, they're actually only 42g each because there's a small skein of reinforcing yarn inside. Double ack! I signed up for the KOTR KAL to see if I could find past messages regarding yardage. I found a few but I didn't find the answer I was looking for. Instead of starting the stockinette at 4.5", I started it at 3.5". The leg is 4" long now and I've used about 10g of yarn. If I make sure the leg doesn't use more than 18g of yarn, then I'll have enough for the foot. My digital scale's going to get a good workout.

And for future reference, this sock can be knit from the toe up. Just follow the chart as is, use your favourite heel, and do increases in the leg after turning the heel. It's a good way to go so that you don't have to worry about running out of yarn.

No comments: