Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Monkey Sock Swap 3 Questionnaire Answers

Here are my answers to the questionnaire:

Q: Do you consider yourself a beginning sock knitter, an intermediate, or have you been doing this so long you could probably knit a pair in your sleep?
A: I am probably an intermediate sock knitter.

Q: Shoe Size?
A: 7 to 8 depending on the shoe & socks

Q: Foot circumference
A: 8.5" - 9"

Q: Foot length
A: 9.75"

Q: What colors do you love?
A: Purple, lavender, amethyst, eggplant... Did I mention purple?

Q: Do you prefer solids or variegated?
A: Either

Q: Do you prefer wool, cotton or acrylic yarn?
A: I like wool sock yarn with a little bit of nylon for durability

Q: What colors would you never wear?
A: I'll wear any colour for socks. But I don't wear taupe, green, orange, peachy-pink or yellow clothing.

Q: What are your favorite brands of yarn?
A: Where to start... there are so many. Cherry Tree Hill is very nice (and unavailable in Canada). My other favourites are Indigo Moon, Koigu, and Fleece Artist.

Q: Are there any new brands you would like to try?
A: I hear about Claudia Hand Painted a lot and would like to try that. Ditto for Socks That Rock. Also on my list is Lorna's Laces, Fleece Artist Sea Wool, and Fleece Artist Nova.

Q: Which of her patterns have you already knit?
A: I've only knit Monkey. I've made 3 socks using that pattern.

Q: Which pattern(s) would you like to knit and don’t already own?
A: I have copies of all the free patterns. I would love to knit the knee high ones but seriously, my leg shape is too weird. I think the ones I like the most are Thelonius and Twisted Flower.

Q: Would you be willing to have an international Monkey Pal or do you prefer one in the US?
A: I would be happy with an international pal since I don't think there'll be another Canadian participating.

Q: Do you have any allergies?
A: Yes to food but nothing serious.

Q: Will your knitting be exposed to smoke or animals?
A: My home is smoke free and I share it with 2 cats.

Q: Are you on Ravelry yet? If you don’t mind having new friends, what is your Ravelry name?
A: Yes, I'm on Ravelry and I'm yarnfloozy.

I can't wait until I find out who I'm knitting for. This is going to be lots of fun!

No comments: