Saturday, September 8, 2007

wounded

Ricky can be such a bad cat some times. One minute, he's all cat-puddle-in-the-sunshine.


The next minute, he's hiding behind the laundry basket. And he's sporting an owie on his right eye.


Phoebe's on the other side of the laundry basket with a big tuft of Ricky fur between her toes. And if you look around, they've knocked over a bunch of stuff in the kitchen and there's clumps of white fur everywhere. Sigh...

I finished my first Monkey swap sock. I hope my pal likes it.


And I cast on a scarf with my alpaca yarn.


I took inspiration from the Illusion cable scarf. But I changed the width of the "cable" because I didn't want a 10" wide scarf. I don't know how big it'll be after blocking but I'll stretch it so that I can get as much length as I can. I can't get over how it really looks like a cable. It's not a tricky pattern. You need pointy needles to do the p2tog tbl but other than that, it's pretty easy.

I have almost finished the first mitten for hubby (gotta remember to take a picture). I need to knit a few more rows at the top (it's too short when he tried it on yesterday) and knit the thumb. I am quite happy with it.

No comments: