Monday, January 7, 2008

I'm on a roll

You can't stop me now! May I present FO #3 of 2008:


Yarn: Louet Gems Pearl/fingering in colour Baby Neptune (one ply white and one ply blue); 28th pair of socks knitted in my entire life
Needles: 2.25mm dpns
Pattern: generic toe-up
Notes: These have been otn since April 2007!!! I don't like the way the yarn knitted up. It was definitely prettier in the skein. No more marled yarn for me. I found 2 huge slubs and one poorly plied section in one of the skeins. I actually had to rip back the sock to discard a bunch of yarn rather than have 2 joins 1" apart right in the heel. Blech! The yarn is soft and nice to knit with.

So I picked the repair job as my next WIP project thinking that it would be quick to do. These were the first pair of socks for hubby and only the 4th pair I'd ever knit so I messed up somewhere and ended up with a super long foot.

Just unpick the toes and about 1" of the foot and reknit the toes. Sounds simple, no?


I'll just say that frogging a short row wrapped toe is a real PITA. It took me over an hour to get one toe frog'd and probably another half hour to untangle the whole mess. I soaked the yarn to relax it and now it's ready to go.

You'd think that after the weekend yarn binge that I'd be all out of money. Not quite... Some yarn that I ordered in Dec finally arrived and when I was at Michaels buying ornaments for next Christmas, they had Patons Kroy at 50% off.


Clockwise from top left: Regia 6ply in navy blue/oatmeal/dk grey (375m per 150g skein; one skein is enough for a pair of hubby sox), Patons Kroy in muslin & flax (for Anemoi mittens - yep, already planning my Christmas knitting) and country jacquard (more hubby sox)

My supply of sportweight superwash yarn for hubby sox (I used my very last skein for his Christmas socks) is replenished which means I can knit him anniversary socks for our 10th wedding anniversary plus he'll get socks for his birthday and Christmas. Yipee!

1 comment:

knitseashore said...

You are doing a fabulous job with all those UFOs!