Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Working backwards

Yes, Dotty, I'm still here!

I'm home sick today, and wearing the acrylic sweater that my mommy knit for me 25+ years ago because it makes me feel good when I'm not feeling well.

It's been so long since I've posted that I'm just going to start from my recent FOs, and work backwards to Christmas, over the next few weeks.


First up, and finished this week: Coriolis socks in Noro Silk Garden Lite. I used the online pattern because I didn't want to be flipping pages all over the place when I was on the SkyTrain. With this thick yarn, it knit up super-quickly. I cast on last Friday, and finished them on Monday.

And did you notice that they're on the super-funky sock blockers that you gave me for Christmas? I also used the super-cool sock bags that you gave me, as well, for carting this project around. Man, I was spoiled this Christmas -- thanks!


Next up: I bought some delicious Lucy Neatby yarn out of the Three Bags Full 30% off orphan basket last November. They went beautifully with the Roundabout sock pattern. I just flipped the pattern around for the second sock, so that it rotated the other way. (See my ravelry page for the project notes and pattern mod.)


And finally, a Christmas knit -- the Online Linie Solo scarf that I made for my sister-in-law. This was annoying to knit -- I'm not sure I'd even call it knitting as much as it was picking -- but it went quickly and looks gorgeous. Just two balls for a really funky scarf.

1 comment:

Dotty said...

Welcome back to the blog. I hope you feel better soon! We missed you at knit nite. 3BF didn't look nearly as empty as I expected it to.