Friday, August 29, 2008

my big head and a contest

Since P-la asked, my head is roughly 23" around. Is that big? I think so. When I go hat/helmet shopping, I usually have to buy a large. Most O/S hats are too small. Anyways, the kitty toque is on hold while I wait for my needles to arrive. It seems that all my 3.5mm circs are in use - heh.

I signed up for the Amazing Lace Swap this week. It looks like it's a Ravelry only swap as I cannot find a non-Rav link. It's a pretty simple one with no knitting. I'm saving my knitting time for the upcoming Monkey swap.


I'm ignoring Nancy's sweater for awhile and I thought that I should probably finish up some of my sock WIPs before I cast on a new pair of socks. I picked up my Rivendell's and started working on them again. I'm halfway down the foot and I should have them finished by the end of this weekend. Just in time for my little contest.

It's my second sockiversary. I started knitting socks in Sept. 2006 and last year, I celebrated with a little contest. This year, I'm doing the same thing but the prizes will be bigger and you'll need to do a little work to win one. I'll announce all the details on Mon Sept 1st.

2 comments:

PurlingPirate said...

Oh, I was expecting something humongous! Mine is 22 inches. Nice to know that you are not the freak of nature I was imagining! Ha! Just kidding!

PurlingPirate said...

I just checked out the Amazing Lace swap, sounds awesome!