Sunday, February 15, 2009

look! knitting content

Aside from my recent yarn acquisitions, you're probably wondering if I got any knitting done during my vacation. My best knitting time was at Sun Peaks and during the 8 hour drive to Calgary. I only brought sock wips and I made decent progress. I finished my blue camo socks on Mon night and then I picked up my Waving Lace sock.


I finished the leg and turned the heel at Sun Peaks.

During the drive to Calgary, I worked on hubby's Noro Kureyon sock. It hasn't seen much action because frankly, I'm bored of it. I managed to knit most of the foot on the drive. I'd say there's less than an inch to go before I start the toe decreases.


I was annoyed to find a knot in the yarn so the colour sequence makes a big jump. There should be some turquoise in the foot and there isn't. Humph. I toyed with the idea of yanking out the yarn until I got to the right spot but it's so far in that I'm afraid I would run out of yarn. So I sucked it up and kept knitting.

I spent most of my time in Golden reading a book that I wanted to finish - Secrets From the Vinyl Cafe by Stuart McLean. I nearly pee'd my pants laughing a coupla times. That man writes really funny stuff. My favourite stories are about Dave.

This is the last vacation blog post. Hope you enjoyed the stories & pictures.

4 comments:

PurlingPirate said...

Noro is so annoying that way!!! It seems all their yarns have knots in them!!! Or that's my experience with them anyway! Sure is a pretty sock though.

gayle said...

I've found lots of knots in Noro, too. Fortunately, I was knitting either scarves or hats so it's not so crucial.

Bea said...

I think both socks look great. I agree that the knots in Noro are SO annoying.

Anonymous said...

Cute socks, but another one who Noro drives nutty with knots too!