Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

... to all the Moms out there. I spent yesterday with my Mom. We went to the Langley Quilters' guild show - Quilts in Bloom. I took a lot of pictures. Mom saw an apron in the boutique that she liked so I bought it for her. I also bought myself 2 FQs and that's it. Nothing else caught my eye in the vendor area.

Afterwards, we drove up to Fort Langley and had lunch at the Lampliter Cafe followed by a little shopping on the main drag. We stopped at 88 Stitches and I picked up a skein of Fleece Artist Suri Blue in a purple-y burgundy colour. I think I have enough to make myself a Lace Ribbon scarf. It was a nice day and it didn't start raining until we got back to my parents' house.

This morning, my hubby spooked me. He came out of the shower and told me that Phoebe had left a present for me on my pillow. If you're a pet owner, the words "left a present" isn't necessarily a good thing. I was prepared for the worst. But it was a lovely Mother's Day card from the cats and some of my favourite blueberry/almond chocolate bars. Thank you, kitties.

Today, we went to a local farmer's market and bought some yummy bread and apple strudel. We bumped into some friends at the market so that was a nice surprise. I also bought a lovely purple columbine. It's very unusual - similar to the Barlow but it's bright purple with white specks.

I've made good progress on Nancy's sleeve.


This is 8" of bulky cotton knit on US10/6mm needles. Ugh! I tried really hard to replicate her sts but I couldn't figure out how to twist them to make them look the same. So the sleeves won't completely match the front/back. I don't think it's that noticeable.

So my sister called me this afternoon. I thought she wanted to chat but she wanted to blame me for jinxing her washing machine. Her front loading washer is almost 6 years old and it started making noises and now, it's leaking. Awwww, poor baby. She makes good money so she can afford a new one. Her new washer is a Miele - guaranteed to wash 10,000 loads of laundry. She's going to keep track. LOL!

1 comment:

PurlingPirate said...

Sounds like a wonderful day with your Mom. And how sweet of your kitties to remember you!