Thursday, May 22, 2008

my poor kitties

Phoebe and Ricky went to the vet yesterday for their annual vaccinations. The minute Ricky saw the crate, he meowed "no way" and hid under the ottoman. I shoved the ottoman out of the way and when I picked him up, he was velcro'd to the rug. At the vet's, Phoebe wouldn't come out of her crate. She had all 4 paws braced.

They were mostly ok when they got home. Ricky did have an upset tummy and had trouble keeping his supper down. Luckily, he let out a "my tummy hurts" meow and hubby hustled him into the bathroom. Phoebe couldn't get herself to her bowl this morning so she got breakfast in bed. She's lucky she's got servants. They go back to the vet in a few weeks to have their annual bath and their teeth cleaned.

Yesterday was a bonus mail day. My Monkey swap package arrived in the morning and my Old Mill Knitting prize got delivered in the afternoon. I picked the shawl pattern and the dark blue Naturally Dawn.


Old Mill Knitting is running contests all year long. Once a month (date and time is randomly chosen), the contest is open for entries. The first 3 entries that meet all the qualifications (Canadians only; 2 out of 3 winners must have a Ravelry id) will win a pattern and enough of the featured yarn to knit it. The yarn/pattern changes from month to month. The May contest is over so go check it out in June.

Instead of knitting, I finished the quilt for Gladys' youngest son.


It's only taken me a year or so. I used a product called Quilt Pounce to mark the border. I don't think I'll ever use it again. It's like a chalk board brush but the brush dispenses the chalk. Of course, the dust gets everywhere. I definitely prefer my Clover chalk pens.

Yesterday night, I picked up a skein of Blackberry Ridge lace silk blend in dark clover. It's labelled lace but I think it's closer to fingering. I've cast on for a pair of socks but I think they're going to be too big for my feet. I'm going to frog it and look for another pattern.

2 comments:

wenat said...

Oh, wow, that's BEAUTIFUL!!!

I'm speechless. Truly. Geoff's going to be ecstatic when he sees it.

Phyl said...

I must be a terrible mom. I've never had Sunny or Beauty Baby bathed or had their teeth cleaned. If they come down with gingivitis they'll only have ME to blame.