Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Monkeys from Oz!

The doorbell rang before 9am (while I was eating breakfast and still in my Pooh bear pjs) and it was my Monkey swap package from Mel in Australia!

She sent me some wonderfully crazy purple Monkey socks! I don't know what the yarn is.


Plus I got some great monkey goodies and sock yarn galore - you can see it all in the picture below.


She sent me 3 (!!!) different sock yarns. The Knittery Merino Slim is soooo silky and smooth. It's hard to believe that it's just merino. I can't stop petting it. And I love the monkey fabric. I've been spoiled :) Thanks so much, Mel!

The Auburn Camp Shirt is going gangbusters. I'm on the second ball of yarn and it's about halfway to the armhole.


I took it to Prince Caspian and the theatre was pretty empty so I managed to knit at least a few rows when I wasn't riveted to the screen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mel is a dear! What a lovely package of goodies and such beautiful Monkey Socks! samm

Bea said...

Great swap package! The sweater is looking really good.