Tuesday, July 8, 2008

wild and crazy night

Our very first DVD player just kicked the bucket. I put in a Hercule Poirot movie and big ugly error numbers flashed on the screen. It's a 5 disc Sony - cost us $1000 about 10 years ago. I remember haggling for the 5 disc part because a single disc DVD player was around $750 and a 5 disc CD player was $250. It was our first big purchase as a couple and it has served us well. I will miss it. Tomorrow, I'll be spending a whopping $100 on a new player. I can't seem to find a 5 disc DVD player so I'll have to settle for getting up off the couch more often. Now, I have to find the manual for our fancy schmancy universal remote. I need to reprogram the DVD and CD functions as well as customizing the buttons.

And Ricky had a little adventure this evening. I didn't manage to pull the door to the workshop closed all the way and Ricky must've nosed his way in. Hubby heard something crash in the workshop and that's when we figured out he was in there. I grabbed some of his food in an effort to entice him out but he was way under the house. Ricky came when I called but he was kinda stuck behind the stuff that he'd knocked over so hubby had to crawl under the house with the kibble. He managed to grab Ricky's leg (there was a howl of protest) and hauled him out. Ricky was filthy so he got wiped down with a wet towel.

Wonder what else will go wrong...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw puppies are too curious for their own good sometimes!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering my contest. Good luck!

PurlingPirate said...

I have a 5 disc cd player that I love. I didn't even know they used to make 5 disck dvd players, that would have been useful!!