Sunday, July 6, 2008

working weekend

I sat down this weekend and focused on my "must do" list. I've got a bajillion things that are "in progress" and some have hard deadlines so I need to get those finished first. My first deadline is the bridal shower next weekend. I made a gift bag for the prezzie.


Can you guess what's inside?

The deadline for quilt show entries is next. So I sewed hanging sleeves onto 2 quilts and labelled a third. The week after the quilts are handed in, I need to submit my items for the quilt show's boutique. I wove in the ends on half a dozen washcloths and gave them a good press. I also sewed the handles onto a market bag. I've got another market bag and washcloth otn. I'd also like to make a few more cloths.

Right after the quilt show is the big wedding. I've almost finished the first half of the shrug that I want to wear (there is a slight chance that I'll run out of yarn before I'm done). And I have to get cracking on the wedding present!

And somewhere in there, I'm camping with my nieces and I promised them Pooh blankets and knitted Pooh washcloths. I've got one washcloth done but I haven't started the blankets yet. Sigh...

Of course, my garden needed some serious attention since I've been neglecting it for almost 2 weeks. I deadheaded my peonies, oriental poppies, and cranesbill geraniums. Plus I pruned my purple smoke bush, thyme, maple tree, and Grace Ward. I filled 5 garbage cans with yard waste! I gave my neighbour some rhubarb and I picked my first batch of raspberries. The berries were small and only so-so tasting. The second flush will be better.

The light was good this evening and Ricky was being oh-so-cute. Can you see his lip freckle?


I was trying to get a good shot of his face but he wanted to watch a birdie instead.


Ok, he's looking at me but what's he doing with his leg?

2 comments:

Bea said...

Love the new bag. I hope you manage to fit everything into your schedule!

PurlingPirate said...

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now!