Saturday, October 10, 2009

my new baby

Yesterday afternoon, I picked up my new baby.


It's a 2005 Subaru Impreza and it's replacing my first baby, the Honda. Yep. After 16 years together, I'm selling my Honda. It's been a good little car and I'm sad to see it go. But I really need something that handles the snow better.

There will be an adjustment period while I get used to the Subaru. Twice, I forgot to close the windows before I turned the engine off. Pesky power windows! I parked in the sun yesterday and when I got in the car, I opened the window instead of turning the a/c on. The gas pedal is very firm while the brake pedal is mushy. I'm not used to the difference. The Subaru isn't too much taller than the Honda but my legs no longer reach the ground when I swing them out. I have to skootch out a little before I can stand up. And the gas is on the opposite side of what I'm used to. It's gonna take a few fill ups before I remember to pull up on the passenger side.

Thanks for all your sympathy and suggestions for the Anemoi mittens. No, I can't leave it and knit the second one to match because that is the second mitten. Besides, the recipient is a knitter and she'd see the boo boo right away. So I ripped and the mitten is almost to the shaping. I have developed a pain in my arm (possibly Guitar Hero related) and it hurts when I knit (and when I play GH) so I haven't been knitting the last few days. Just as well since family are in town for Thanksgiving and the whole car thing has taken up a lot of my time.

Well, I should go and eat lunch. There's a pile of soil on the driveway (we won't mention how long it's been there) that I need to move so that hubby doesn't have to park his poor Jeep on the street. My muscles are going to be sore tonite!

4 comments:

Bea said...

Excellent new car. I'm sure you'll be used to it in no time at all!

PurlingPirate said...

I think all the soreness and pile of dirt moving means you and your hubby should go and get a massage!

Nice car!

Chris said...

Spiffy car!

Huh, I can still put up my power windows even if I turn off the car - and mine's a 1997. Just a difference in manufacturers, I guess.

Carrie K said...

Pretty baby! I'm glad to see other people hang onto their cars the way I do - but my Honda is only 8!

Alas about the Anemoi mitts. Sometimes it just HAS to be frogged, worse luck.