Friday, October 16, 2009

shhh!

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm swatching.


Yes, the unheard of has happened - I must swatch. This is the pattern but I'm using vastly different yarns and needles. These are for hubby and his hands are big enough to palm a basketball. You can see where this is headed. It was easy to adjust the pattern widthwise but I didn't have a clue what my row gauge would be. Normally, this wouldn't be such a big issue but you see, the palm is in binary. What it spells out has to make sense. Sooo, I need to work out exactly how many rows I've got so that I can figure out how many letters and then I can secretly encode a message into the palm (i.e. my birthday so that he never never ever forgets).

BTW, the Wollmeise arrived. That's Single Malt on the left (to match the Ubuntu heron desktop background) and Cascade Heritage Sock on the left. No need to point out that penguins are not brown and white. Hubby picked the colours - not me.


Ricky, "Wha?!?!"

4 comments:

Chris said...

Those colors match Ricky!!

Batty said...

Lovely colors! Now, how do you get your cat to lie still? Mine just knocked over the phone and pushed the mouse...

Dotty said...

Batty - the answer is: take pictures while your cat is sleeping. It's the only guarantee that your cat will hold still.

Bea said...

Good boy Ricky. Leave mom alone so she can knit knit knit!