Monday, May 16, 2011

the sicky

That's me today. My throat is sore, my nose is starting to run, and I feel like I could nap all day long. I'm in bed under a quilt with a chocolate bar, fish bits (prepared dried squid - it's an acquired taste), a bag of throat drops, some sock knitting, a box of tissues, and a cat between my ankles.


The weather's been really crappy the last few weeks so photo ops have been few & far between. I did manage to sneak outside with my latest pair of socks:


My first handspun! My first handspun & handknit socks!!!! I am over the moon. They are very firm & sturdy & a bit too thick to wear in shoes so they'll end up as house socks. I love them soooo much! Aren't they purty?

I am spinning like mad. I've spun and plied about half a pound of undyed merino for a shawl KAL. I have to spin the other half before I can start knitting. I bought some Rambouillet last week and I'm spinning that on the Traveller (still unnamed but I'm leaning towards Clementine). The new wheel has developed a clunk that I'm trying to troubleshoot & fix. Hubby doesn't think I should mess with it but then it doesn't bother him as much as it bothers me.

Writing this post has tired me out. I'm going to slouch down and fall asleep to Glee.

3 comments:

Monika said...

I hope you'll feel better soon! Your handspun socks are gorgeous! I'm usually not such a pink fan, but I love this pair!

PurlingPirate said...

Maybe you are sick because of the fish bits? Hee, just kidding. Hey, do they taste anything like the dried shrimp?
Anyway, sorry you are under the weather. Maybe a cup of tea with honey and whiskey would help? Or is it brandy? Heck, why not both?

Those socks are gorgeous and you should be very proud!!

spinquilt said...

Love the socks, they are gorgeous.
Sorry to hear you are sick. Take care and DRINK LOTS OF FLUIDS.