Monday, December 22, 2008

snowville

Did you know that shovelling snow can seriously cut into your knitting time? I still don't have the wash/dish cloths done yet. Usually, they're a fast knit but we've been busy moving phenomenal amounts of snow around. Remember what my backyard looked like Wed morning?

Fast forward to yesterday morning:


And this morning, I woke up to this:


So what can you do but strap on the cross country skis and go for a shuffle around the neighbourhood.


I've never gone skiing on our street before so this was a special treat. We went down every side street and it's downhill back to the house so the gliding was fun. If it's not too icy, we'll go out again after supper to look at the Christmas lights.

2 comments:

Bea said...

oh wow fun! The skiing part not the overload of snow part...

knitseashore said...

Brrrrr. We're in the twenties F and it is so cold I can't stand it. We only have eight inches to your twenty (?) but I much prefer snow to the ice!

Hope you are staying warm and have a very Merry Christmas. That crochet scarf is so pretty -- I'm sure the recipient will treasure it!