Friday, July 10, 2009

cuff me

Look - it's more than 9 rounds of knitting.


I knit the last few rounds of the cuff at knit night. The next instruction said to switch to larger needles. Hmmm - I didn't bring the larger needles with me. Doh!

I've been doing a bunch of other knitting - a heel flap and an un-grafted toe. Neither of these are attached to a sock. They're for a sock knitting class that I'll be teaching in Aug. I've been getting my samples knit for the class and getting my notes typed up.

Gladys (Queen of the pooling stoles) managed to snag me some Wollmeise yarn.


It's fingering in the colour Arlene. Isn't it great? I fell in love with it the minute I saw it. I have a plan for for the yarn but it's a secret :)

My sister and the nieces came by the house yesterday afternoon. The girls didn't want to leave so my sister left without them. Eeek! We spent the afternoon playing in the backyard - they went crazy with the sidewalk chalk, bubble blowing stuff, a horseshoe set, and some Winnie the Pooh parachute toys.


I fed them supper and we watched the Little Mermaid while we waited for Uncle to come home from work. The movie finished so we took Ricky for a walk. The little one complained that Ricky is slow. LOL!

They wanted to stay overnight but I decided to drive them back to my Dad's place. Hubby needed time to get organized and packed. He and Tony (plus many others from their cycling club) will be joining thousands of other cyclists as they ride from Seattle to Portland this weekend. I hope they have fun!

3 comments:

Chris said...

Ohmigosh, I love that colorway!!! *covets*

PurlingPirate said...

OHMYGAWD that Wollmeise is gorgeous!!!! So pretty!!! Again, I'm so jealous!!! I can't wait to see what you do with it!

Bea said...

Love the Wollmeise colorway. Gorgeous. Sounds like a fun afternoon with your nieces.