Sunday, September 6, 2009

tea cozy or new cat bed?

A whole bunch of Chic Knits patterns arrived at the shop a few weeks ago and the Mondo Cable Cardi caught my eye right away. When I recently bought a bag of Berroco Peruvia, I knew that it would be the perfect yarn so I picked up the pattern last week and cast on.


Not bad for a weeks worth of knitting. I would've gotten more done but I couldn't find my cable needle and while I can cable without one, the yarn gets a bit splitty (cuz it's a big single) when I'm slipping 5 stitches to the left/right.


At my weekly quilting meetup, Cathy gave me a tea cozy as a belated bday present. I photographed it but I forgot to take it downstairs. When I returned, Ricky had claimed it for himself.


Ricky sez, "I love my new kitty cozy!"

Nothing quilted is safe in my house.

4 comments:

PurlingPirate said...

Ricky is warming it up for the tea! Ha!

I like that Cardi alot. I have a thing for cables! I have been wanting to knit a cardi for the winter but can't seem to decide on which one.

Sharon in Surrey said...

I really like that Cardi!! In MY house, it's anything fuzzy or knitted that isn't safe . . . I take great care to tuck them into bags that're NOT cat friendly!! I once got a medicinal pillow with little round beads inside - they heat up - with a fuzzy cover. Guess where the cat lays her scrawny self whenever she gets the chance . . .

Chris said...

Cats have a special detector for that sort of thing, don't they?!

Bea said...

That cardi will be awesome in that yarn. So very pretty. Ozzy does the same as Ricky. He's trying to claim everything he can.