Remember last May, Gladys and I had a big fundraiser to help our hubbies raise money for Ride2Survive? One of the prizes was a pair of handknit socks. Linda - you will be pleased to know that your socks are finally done! And I'm going to spoil the surprise by blogging about it.
Pattern: Thelonious by Cookie A.
Yarn: Wollmeise 80/20 Twin Sock in col Stella Polaris
Needles: 2.5mm Addi Turbo circs
Notes: My 58th pair of socks.
It does not normally take me this long to knit a pair of socks. I originally started with a different pattern. After knitting an entire leg (of twisted stitches and complicated cables), heel flap, and heel turn, the sock ended up being way, way too small. I couldn't pull it over my heel so there was no way it was going to fit Linda. The sock was unraveled and the yarn put into time out while I dug around for a different pattern. The next pattern had to be a little more forgiving size-wise (i.e. not twisted sts). In the end, I settled on Thelonious because it's lace & lots of ribbing. Christmas knitting got in the way so I only managed to get one sock knit in 2010 and finished the second sock yesterday night. I hope Linda likes them. And they'd better fit!