Tuesday, May 11, 2010

number 48


Pattern: No Purl Monkeys by CraftyPancakes
Yarn: Lana Grossa Meilenweit 100 Stile; col 8002; 1 skein (100g; 459 yds) with very little leftover
Needles: 2.5mm dpns
Notes: I seriously thought I would run out of yarn. Kinda surprising because these aren't very big. I loved the colour in the skein but I'm pretty meh about it knitted up. These socks are going into the Christmas gift pile.

On Saturday, I drove out to Langley with some friends to see a quilt show. There were two car loads - the slowpokes (they got kicked out of a quilt show because it was closing and they'd been there all day!) in one car and the speedier ones in another. I made a beeline for the vendors. Most shows, I look at the quilts first and then head to the vendors which I've discovered to be a poor plan because all the good stuff is sold out by the time I get there.


I got the very last Sweet William pattern and scooped up a huge stack of FQs - these pretty Japanese reds & assorted Japanese taupes. I also bought some cute potholders (currently MIA for this photo shoot) and when I showed them off during our coffee break (where we met up with the slowpokes), Nancy wanted a set for herself. But by the time she got to the boutique, they were sold out. The show was great - lots of inspiration. I will sort through my pics and post a few when I have time.

2 comments:

PurlingPirate said...

You crazy mad sock knitter!!!

I love going to quilt shows! I was just looking at a photo album of quilts from a show I went to a couple of years ago on my birthday. I ran across the album in my unpacking today. I so admire all those stitches!

ColorSlut said...

The socks are perfect. They came out fantastic. I hate quilt shows because I just buy buy buy. I can't stop!