Monday, May 10, 2010

Ride2Survive Raffle - Part 2

Thank you, Gladys for getting the raffle started. I know everyone is chomping at the bit to win some lovely Wollmeise (the True Love is TDF!!!). So I'll offer some non-knitter prizes to the muggles (aka people who don't knit or quilt).

Prize #1:


A pair of hand knit socks. Last year, the winner let me surprise her and these orange socks were her prize. If you win, you get to tell me what you like and I'll custom knit a pair for you or for someone else if you wish.

Prize #2:


This quilt has been generously donated by my friend, Iris. It measures 62" x 78"and is the perfect size to snuggle under on a cold night.

Prize #3:


A quilt made by moi. It measures 59" x 68". This is a work in progress so ignore the safety pins.

Here's how to enter:

Every $25 that you donate to Team Purl Jam gets you one entry (credit cards are accepted). Make sure you include an email address so that we can reach you if you're a winner. To be eligible, make your donation before midnight PDT Sat June 19th (the day of the ride). As an added bonus, your donation also qualifies for Gladys' yarn raffle (you must donate before June 6th).

Don't forget - every penny that you donate funds Canadian Cancer Society research projects. None of the money is used for administration costs. All rider support is donated by the riders themselves, local businesses, and individuals. Tax receipts will be issued for donations greater than $25. If you do not wish to donate via credit card, contact me (yarnfloozy AT gmail DOT com) to make alternate arrangements.

Once Markus recovers, he'll do a random draw on June 20th for the three prizes.

To find out more about Ride2Survive, check out their homepage and read about Tony's ride last year.

Good luck and keep your eyes peeled - I will be auctioning off a very sweet tweety quilt on this blog.

2 comments:

PurlingPirate said...

What awesome prizes!!! Hope you get lots of money with your raffle. You know I would help if I could!

Chris said...

I'll mention this on my blog on Thursday!