Monday, February 8, 2010

sock ADD

I cannot seem to focus on a single sock. I don't know what's wrong with me. The socks are interesting and I love the patterns but there's no knitting love.

Here is my version of Outside In - now referred to as Inside Out:


I yanked the first version off the needles and cast on again with a whole bunch of modifications. I like this better but it seems to have stalled.

The same thing has happened with this sock:


I am using pattern 166 Doppelkette on page 104 of Maria Erlbacher's book. I converted it to an all-over pattern. Very pretty but again, it doesn't hold my attention.

Frustrated with nothing that I want to knit, I cast on a pair of No Purl Monkeys late Fri night and I've almost got the leg done (watching one movie & the Superbowl).


There's something about Monkey socks that make me knit like the wind. I cannot explain it. Whether it's the no purl or purl version, they just fly off the needles. No wonder that I've knit these socks 5 and half times (there was a half because I couldn't get the first sock over my heel).

And yes, those Monkeys are awfully loud. There's some neon pink mixed in with the bright bright red. It hurts my eyes if I stare at it too long. The yarn is Koigu KPPPM.

Off to wash some dishes - by hand. Blergh.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Still no part for the dishwasher?!

Bummer about the sock ADD...

Bea said...

Oh...I get that way about patterns when they have too many knit through the back loops ribs like that. I just can't focus. (Its not like I usually focus on what I'm knitting either since I read and knit, but seriously my hands just shut off.) I like the monkeys. Bright doesn't hurt anyone :) Also my word verification is preen...