Friday, August 8, 2008

pretty flowers


You may have noticed the lack of knitting content on the blog this week. I seem to be going from one deadline to another with no time for knitting. This week's deadline is tomorrow. I needed to get a wedding present done (not finished but wrappable) so I've been sewing all week. And I'm exhausted. I crawl into bed and I'm asleep before hubby's finished brushing his teeth. Anyways, it's done and I'll post pics once the happy couple have seen it. Now, I have to decide what to wear.


I generally don't like working so close to a deadline. I'm a planner and I like to have things done well ahead of time. But I've been so busy that it feels like I'm barely staying afloat. I've imposed a ban on social engagements for the rest of Aug to give myself some time to catch up.


Here's my to do list:
- finish up cardis for the twins (the first one is 80% done - the cardi; not the twin ;)
- finish Iris' fingerless mitts
- finish Nancy's sweater
- Pauline's market bag
- finish hubby's Noro sox (for his bday since there's no way I'll finish them in time for our anniversary)

I want to get the first 4 done by the end of this month cuz I want to start my Christmas knitting in Sept. Wishful thinking, eh?


Today's garden pics (top to bottom): pee gee hydrangea, echinachea, butterfly gladiola, and oriental lilies (plus a few sprigs of Russian sage)

No comments: