Tuesday, August 26, 2008

visiting Armenia

I've been sleeping like a log since Sunday and I think I'm finally coherent. The Impulse of Delight sock yarn is really soft. The softest 80% superwash merino/20% nylon sock yarn that I've ever touched. Mmmm.... This yarn will turn into Christmas socks for a certain someone. I'm contemplating several cabled patterns. Journey Cable socks by Sivia Harding and Cut & Paste socks by Becca Diaz are at the top of my list.


While I'm trying to decide on the pattern, the weather's getting cooler (I woke up to 10C/50F this am) and I have the urge for a new toque to wear while cross country skiing this winter. I dug out my Vogue Winter 05/06 issue and cast on the Armenian cat hat. It's not a formal pattern in the magazine (which is why I can't find it in Ravelry) so the directions are a little loose. I guessed at a needle size and cast on this morning and knit a few rows. My gauge is hard to measure but the hat's too tight so I'm frogging it. I've got a big head and the stranded knitting results in a stretchless fabric so I have to cast on more stitches. Once I get it right, it's going to be a very cute hat.

1 comment:

PurlingPirate said...

Definitely going to be a beautiful hat! So, how big is your head?