Sunday, August 3, 2008

all fun, all the time

We're having a peachy time over here.


We made jam - one batch of apricot and one batch of peach. We haven't eaten any of it yet so I don't know how it tastes. It's all in the freezer as we work our way through the rest of the cherries.


Yesterday, I got up at the crack of dawn so that I could crawl all over someone's garden and hang quilts for our little quilt show. I made the "Welcome" quilt in the above picture. The show was great. It seemed to be raining everywhere else (i.e. on hubby during his bicycle ride) except on our quilt show. My washcloths sold well and so did everyone else's boutique items. We raised a lot of money for our selected charity. I've posted pictures here. Enjoy.

Since I've been so busy, there hasn't been much knitting. The shrug is still lying there waiting to be grafted together. I started a baby sweater. I need to make 2 for a set of upcoming twins. I also warped the table loom with some black cotton. I'm going to make a scarf with some of my sock yarn. My top choices for yarn are: Jojoland Melody or Jojoland Quartette. The Melody has long runs of colour but the Quartette is incredibly soft because it's got cashmere in it. Hmmm... a tough decision.

1 comment:

PurlingPirate said...

Those quilts were amazing!! So beautiful! I wish I could have seen them in person, what fun!

Either one you choose, that scarf is going to be beautiful!