Thursday, August 6, 2009

we're here and it's heaven!

Welcome to Portland!


It was a very unevenful drive (i.e. I slept through most of southern Washington state). We arrived in plenty of time to be the first ones to line up for the marketplace.


Gladys got mobbed by pooling stole admirers. I knew that was going to happen.


I finally got to meet Mel - my upstream Monkey sock swap pal. She's here all the way from Australia!!!! I also saw Caro (aka splityarn). We used to work together when we both had day jobs.


And here's Gladys' mitered square socks in the Sock Museum. I wanted to take a picture with Gladys but I couldn't find her anywhere. The marketplace was amazing - so many yarns, so many people, so many yarn fumes, and so very little money left in my wallet. It's too late & dark to take pictures of our loot but we'll try to remember tomorrow.

After our big shopping binge, we went out with Ravelry friends for a Korean supper. I am now exhausted and looking forward to a good nite's sleep where I can recharge my batteries and do this all over again tomorrow. Can you tell that I'm having fun?

4 comments:

PurlingPirate said...

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Oh how fun!!! I'm so excited for y'all!!

Chris said...

It sounds like fun already!! OF COURSE Gladys was mobbed for her gorgeous stoles. She's a genius. :)

geela said...

OH MY GAWD!!! I can hardly stand it. How fantastic to meet a pal from Australia. Have lots more fun and keep us posted.

Bea said...

So fun!!