Tuesday, September 25, 2007

ahhh, that's much better

Thanks for all the get well wishes. I took a double dose of Advil and turned the heating pad on high Sunday morning and that seems to have done the trick. My back is almost normal now.

Sorry if I haven't replied to your comments during the last few days - I didn't realize there were new blog comments until yesterday. Out of the blue, Blogger stopped emailing me comments. I didn't change a thing so I don't know why it's broken. I reset the email address and it's working again.

I haven't done any knitting since Saturday. Hubby's cousin from Germany plus wife & daughter were in town on the weekend. They were staying with hubby's brother so all of us went over for dinner on Sun. I made cream puffs and served them with raspberries from my garden (yes, I am still picking raspberries at the end of September).

During the day, everyone (except me because I don't like heights) went out to the Capilano Suspension Bridge and Grouse Mountain.

On the suspension bridge:

In the treetops adventure:

From the Grouse gondola:

Hubby took a lot of pictures but most of them are blurry - his speciality. He likes to hold the shutter button halfway (forces the camera to focus and hold that focus), moves the camera, and then takes the picture. I keep telling him that he'll never get good pictures that way. He'll never learn.

Quilting is also getting in the way of my knitting. I am working on 3 signature quilts - one for each of the owners of our lqs. The store is closing its doors in Nov after 12 years of wonderful service. Our little quilting group meets there every Thurs. and we'll miss it dearly. We've been collecting signature blocks for a month now. They've been circulated amongst the local guilds for signatures. Last week, we bought the fabric for the sashing & borders and I spent most of Sunday cutting everything up. Yesterday, we had a work party and 4 of us spent the day assembling the quilt tops. I didn't think to bring my camera so I don't have any pictures.

I got home in time to make supper and then I had to go out again. A bunch of us were meeting to finish a charity quilt (again, I forgot my camera). We signed our names on the label and each of us took turns sewing it on. The lighting in the living room wasn't very bright so I got to use my "young eyes" to thread the needles for the everyone. Gino (the cat) was the hit of the evening. When we were taking pictures with the quilt, he saunters into the room and lays on the part of the quilt that's draped on the floor. When we were done taking pictures, the quilt was folded up and left on the sofa while we ate apple crisp and drank tea in the dining room. When we returned, Gino was curled up and fast asleep on the folded up quilt. Awwwwww - he was just so cute.

BTW, did anyone watch the 2 hour episode of Dr. Who yesterday night? I didn't get home in time to catch it. Was it good?

It is getting brrrr chilly. I have to drag out our heavy wool blanket because hubby's not warm enough at night. I also need to switch to my fall/winter wardrobe. It's all about chores this week. Hopefully, I'll have a little time to knit in the evenings. BTW, there's exactly 3 months til Christmas.

ETA: Dang it! Blogger's not emailing me comments again. ARGH!


PurlingPirate said...

I was fine until I got to the last paragraph. I'm still sweating my behind off down here!!!

Good luck with all the quilts!

ikisti said...

Dr Who= always good :)