Thursday, September 6, 2007

new pathways for me

Knit nite is back on! Wheeeeee! It was soooo good to hang out in the yarn store and shop and talk about yarn and help each other pick out yarn for future projects. I missed knit nite so much and I'm glad it's back. As an added bonus, my co-blogger, Gladys got out of the house (this is her first social event sans kids in about 4 years) and joined us.

Of course, I did a little shopping... I picked up Cat Bordhi's New Pathways for Sock Knitters (Gladys got a copy, too). I read it right away when I got home and had a hard time going to sleep. I wanted to cast on a sock so badly. Ack! But first I have to figure out all the master numbers and make myself a set of lettered stitch markers. And then I have to pick my first sock to knit.

I also picked up 2 more skeins of the Blue Sky Alpaca yarn so that I now have 4 and can make a decent sized scarf with it. I am trying to decide between cables or lace. I'll be hunting around on Ravelry for some inspiration today.

I picked up the yarn for my Monkey Swap Pal. I ordered it from Trish and she sent it with the order to my lys. When I asked Francesca about it, she had a slight heart attack because she thought that she'd accidentally sold it. But we rooted around in the big box and found my yarn in a bag with my name clearly on it. Phew!

I've almost finished the first sock for my Monkey pal. I just need to finish the toe. I'm aiming to get the whole package in the mail by the end of this month.

I finished the second pair of socks for Trish.


Yarn: Indigo Moon superwash merino sportweight in colour chestnut
Needles: 2.75mm dpns
Pattern: my own; link in the sidebar

So that's 2 pairs down and only 10 to go.

I started a pair of mittens for hubby. It's his birthday next month and the mittens that I made him a few years ago are wearing out. I was a novice so my yarn choice was poor (not durable enough) and I messed up with the sizing (they're a little too short). This time, I'm making them out of wool/nylon sock yarn and knitting them at sock gauge. I'm making him try them on as I work on them (eventhough I took measurements) to make sure it fits. Yeah, they won't be a surprise.

1 comment:

CraftyCanadian said...

Hi Yarn Floozies! I'm a new reader here - found you via your comment on my/our blog (onetoomanyprojects). It's so cool you know Trish - I just discovered her lovely yarn during my last visit home... Hearing you talk about knit night at Three Bags Full makes me wish I still lived in Vancouver. It's such a great store isn't it! We have fun at our group meet-ups here in Southern California too but I miss my home...