Friday, November 16, 2007

depressing week

They say things happen in 3s. In one day, I found out a friend's cat passed away at the age of 20, another friend's brother passed away from a heart attack, and the doors to the quilt store where I worked, closed for the last time. Sigh... But this means that all the bad news is out of the way and I'll have a better weekend, right?

There hasn't been much knitting. I did finish knitting Mom's cardi but I'm too lazy to weave in all the ends so it's just sitting there mocking me.

I'm at the heel turn on my spiraling coriolis sock. The sock is a total failure but I'm learning lots. I know that it's too wide and now, there's a problem with the band. Because I knit a flat toe, I couldn't shift the stitches so that the band passes just above the heel turn. Right now, it will just dead end at the heel which makes it just the simple coriolis sock. I have to figure out how to make that pattern work with a flat toe.

As a little pick-me-up, I went out for a little retail therapy this morning. I got some absolutely fab shoes.


They're metallic purple and I love them.

And here's some more purple -


The new Cotton Ease in violet. I bought enough to make Oblique.

While I was in the kitchen yesterday making supper, I could hear this thumpa thumpa noise. I look over the edge of the kitchen counter and there's Ricky enjoying a freshly vacated shoe.


He's such a nutty cat!

2 comments:

PurlingPirate said...

Surrounded by all that purple, things are definitely going to get better!!

knitseashore said...

If you have three bad things happen, does it mean you are due for three good things now?

Your shoes are so fun! And I love the pretty quilt tops you bought. I'll be looking forward to seeing how you restore them.