Thursday, November 1, 2007

a thousand words

I don't have a lot of time to type up a proper post but a picture is worth a thousand words, right?

I finished sewing up the reusable fabric shopping bags.


The fireworks really spooked Ricky. The lump under the quilt, just to the right of Phoebe is Ricky.


See -


BTW, Phoebe is keeping my Monkey pattern warm by sleeping on it. I tried to pull it out but she slapped me.

Confession - the pumpkin pictures I posted yesterday were from last year. This is what our pumpkins looked like this year:


Mine is on the right and hubby carved the one on the left.

And what do you do with your pumpkin innards? I roasted the seeds in my skillet. Yum!!!


We didn't get many kids at our door - maybe 14 or 15 in total and I only opened the door 4 times. That leaves a lot of time for knitting. I finished a pair of Monkey socks that have been languishing in the wip pile since June.


Yarn: Sweet Georgia handpainted sock yarn in Blue Steel; last year's Christmas gift (one of many yarns) from my bf
Needles: 2.5mm dpns
Pattern: Monkey by Cookie A.
Notes: These are my 25th pair of completed sox. I have knit Monkey 3 times now. I have 2 different lace socks that are suffering from SSS. I don't know why I can knit Monkey multiple times but I'm incapable of finishing off Canal du Midi or Wyvern.

3 comments:

PurlingPirate said...

Love your pumpkins! Hee!!

I have such problems with patterns that start with purl stitches!!! I just can't seem to do them and make them look okay.

Anonymous said...

How awesome! We also had a puking pumpkin -- I love Halloween!

The Imperfect Knitter said...

I just love the pumpkins , I have never seen a puking pumkin , must remember it for next year .

Ricky and Phoebe loook so cozy wrapped in the quilt , they have such a hard life ..LOL