Monday, November 26, 2007

solo

Ya know it's dangerous leaving me at home by myself. Hubby is working late all this week so I've been a slightly bad girl (and it's only Monday!). I am eating a previously frozen meat pie while shopping for yarn from Ravely stashes - not a productive way to spend my time. I seem to have purchased some Sweet Georgia sock yarn and some recycled sari silk. Yikes! And there were many other tempting yarns. Luckily, my PayPal account is now empty so maybe that'll stop me.

I have been knitting. I finished the other 2 Christmas ornaments. BTW, thanks for all the lovely comments about the first 2. They look the same as the other ones except they're knit out of some Sweet Georgia (colour Blue Steel) sock leftovers.

I basted a lap quilt. I don't want to spoil the surprise so no pics yet. Maybe later this week.

I also started a mitten for myself. I'm using a fingerless mitten pattern and trying to make it a full mitten. I've only just reached the base of the thumb so I've still got a little ways to go before I panic about shaping the top of the mitten.

Yesterday, hubby dragged out our 13 boxes of Christmas stuff from the crawl space. I spent this morning decorating the inside of the house. There are Christmas towels in the kitchen and bathroom, ornaments are hung all over the kitchen, the dining table is festooned with Christmas candles, placemats, and table runner. My little display of Christmas Winnie the Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger, and Piglet is in the living room. I pulled out the outdoor decorations but I didn't feel like standing outside in the cold. The tree goes up on the weekend when hubby's around. My neighbours across the street put up their tree 2 days after Halloween! And hopefully, the weather will co-operate so that hubby can hang the outdoor Christmas lights.

Speaking of cold, there is a forecast of snow this week so hubby put my snow & ice tires on my car yesterday. I hate being stuck at home so I've always made sure that I have good tires. If I can't go anywhere, it's because the snow's too high for my car to drive through. In which case, I'll strap on the cross country skis :)

And I can't post without a picture... Ricky was really enjoying the sunshine yesterday.

1 comment:

PurlingPirate said...

Hearing about the snow is so wild to me! We have the same tires on our cars year round.
I haven't even begun to think about Christmas decorations yet. We had all that last minute Thanksgiving company and then we are heading to San Antonio next week for my Dad's 70th birthday.
I'll start decorating as soon as we get back! I love having the tree up and my husband has to beg me to take it down in January, otherwise I would leave it up until Spring!