Monday, November 5, 2007

Monkey goodness


A big thank you goes to my Monkey pal (whoever you are) for all my lovely Monkey goodies. Lookit all the stuff that I got!

My package included the Thelonius sock pattern, Monkey lip balm, a project bag made with sock monkey fabric (I have some of that fabric in my stash :), some notecards, a mini calendar, enough yarn for not one but TWO pairs of socks (Louet Gems in Violet and Lorna's Laces in Black Purl), leftover sock yarn, of course, my Monkey socks (Socks That Rock in Tanzanite), and last but not least, 3 adorable monkey stitch markers. One of them is even holding a teeny tiny banana:


And here's a better picture of my Monkey socks:


I have been lusting after STR yarn for awhile now. My pal knew about my obsession. And when I saw these socks last week, I wanted some STR in Tanzanite. And now, I've got some! Talk about perfect!

And guess what - I still don't know who my swap pal is. The notecard instructed me to email her/him and they would reveal themselves to me. I have not received a reply yet. So many thanks to A. B. in California. I hope to find out who you are soon!

ETA: She has revealed herself! My Monkey pal is Manda (knitpsycho on Ravelry). And she's having a contest. Go and enter (you have until Fri Nov 9th) and you may win some yarny goodness!

3 comments:

The Imperfect Knitter said...

What a fabulous package , I love STR as well , actually I covet it . I am glad that you got such a great pal , a special package for a really kind person .

PurlingPirate said...

Your scored big time! Great gifts! Extra bonus points for the STR Tanzite! (I still have 1 more skein of it in my stash!) Hmmm... I'm not positive but I think I met her at Rhinebeck! I need to go back and look at my notes!

alltangledup said...

beautiful monkeys... lucky you