Saturday, April 5, 2008

Sock madness indeed


I finished the second Sock Madness pattern at 11:11 last night, and I'm a little bleary this morning.

Pattern: Reversai
Yarn: JL Vinca red/green colourway (purchased on ebay for $25 for the bag of 10!)
Amount used: 1.5 balls
Needles: 2.0 mm (US 0) 24" Knitpicks

Modifications
I rewound the second ball so that the colours would be reversed on the second sock. This mostly worked but this yarn doesn't have consistent colour repeats, so the blue showed up at the toe of the second sock.

I also flipped the chart in Photoshop, so the second sock has a reversed pattern from the first. I'm calling these my triple-reversed Reversais.

I wasn't sure I'd make it into the next round or not because there was only one spot left in my division when I finished these last night, and I know that there were lots of people still knitting away. I was so happy this morning when I got the email telling me that I was #20 in this division!

2 comments:

PurlingPirate said...

Madness indeed! But they are beautiful socks!

Dotty said...

Yay! You made it. I'll have to crack the whip for the next round.