Monday, July 7, 2008

finishing up

Currently blooming: cistus and astrantia



Each flower on the cistus lasts a single day but it's loaded with blooms and puts on quite a show for several weeks. The astrantia is the complete opposite. It blooms all at once but each papery flower last for weeks.

I finished my dead heading and pruning today. It's all a lot easier with my latest toy (a bday present from my parents).


That is a Felco #7 hand pruner. It makes pruning so much easier (kinda like the rotary cutter equivalent for the quilter). The handle swivels as you squeeze so it means that I can prune for longer without my hand hurting. It also cuts up to 1" diameter stock so I don't have to use my loppers for big things. I love my Felco.

And I can cross one knitting to-do item off my list.


Pattern: Everlasting Bag Stopper by Amy Singer
Yarn: 1 skein of Easy Knit Eco-fil; 75% cotton/25% acrylic; 225g
Needles: 6mm and 4mm Addi Turbos
Notes: Instead of ribbon handles, I picked up 7 stitches at the bind off edge and knit stockinette. I slipped the first stitch on every row - it helps keep the handle from stretching too much.

1 comment:

Phyl said...

LUV that bag! Thanks for linking the pattern. I wanna make one too.