Monday, July 28, 2008

there's sand in my yarn

I'm back and completely pooped. We met up with my nieces, sis and bil for some camping. The weather was great and I've eaten my weight in bacon. We rented sea doos again this year and it was lots of fun. I tried jumping hubby's wake to grab some air. I was successful a few times but when I wasn't successful, the seat would slap me on the bum. There was also 3 days of quality beach time.


My youngest niece was fascinated with my knitting but she just wanted to hold the ball of yarn and unwind it for me.

I managed to get quite a bit of knitting done - 5.5 washcloths in 8 days. That's 15 in total for the boutique but a far cry from the 30 that I expected to have done. That's ok because I dug out all my knitting FOs that don't have a home and I'll be putting those into the boutique as well.

I went fabric shopping during my trip and I discovered a new quilt store that's relatively close to my in-laws (if a 3 hour round trip is considered "close"). Several of the quilt stores have a small yarn section so I bought some sock yarn - a skein of Wisdom Yarns Marathon Socks San Francisco and a skein of SRK On Your Toes Bamboo (75% bamboo 25% nylon):



I've never tried either of these yarns.

When we got home, there was a lovely package waiting for me from P-la. Inside was some STR that I purchased but she also sent me some yarn for my bday. Isn't she sweet?


I love the card! Doesn't the purple yarn look yummy?

1 comment:

Bea said...

It sounds like you had a great vacation. Is your niece a future knitter???! Wouldn't it be fun to teach her!