Thursday, October 4, 2007

monster mittens

The mittens for hubby are done! His birthday is in 2 weeks so they're on time, too!


Yarn: ON line supersocke 6 ply winter; colour 886
Needles: 2.75mm dpns
Pattern: made up; it's a basic mitten

I purchased 6 more skeins of Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Wool yesterday night to make the mumble mumble mumble. I'm still waiting to be added to the KAL but if you're interested in checking out my progress, I added the project to Ravelry. I wound one skein this morning and I'm just waiting for my Addi's to arrive and then I can swatch.

I was sorely tempted by the Lucy Neatby sock yarn but I resisted because we made a big yarn order on Sat night. As it turns out, YBTB is completely sold out of the colours that we wanted (eventhough, they're still listed on the website) so the entire order's been cancelled. Humph. Don't feel too bad for me cuz I scored some Lorna's Laces and Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn from a destash on Ravelry. I've never tried LL before and I love love CTH.

At knit nite, I worked on my alpaca scarf all evening. I had brought my Sweet Georgia monkey sock to work on but I didn't feel like casting on.

In non-knitting news, I've been swapping out my summer clothes for my winter ones. Yep, I have to admit that tank top season is over and it's time for long sleeves. We even broke down and turned on the furnace. Ricky is supremely happy because he likes to sit by the floor register in the bathroom while we shower so he gets heat and humidity. We call him "sauna boy".

1 comment:

PurlingPirate said...

You're kidding right? I so gotta talk my husband into moving. We are still have 90 degrees weather here. It's hot!