Tuesday, January 29, 2008

a 'snowed in' day

This time it's really bad (apologies for the blurry pic, it was still dark out. Click on the picture so that you can actually read the numbers).


There's one car stuck on our street and one neighbour got stuck at the bottom of his driveway because he was too lazy to shovel and decided to just go for it. Some people aren't so smart. I'm hanging out at home and cuddling up to my knitting.

Speaking of knitting, I seem to have taken a slight detour from finishing FOs to casting on new projects. While surfing for a duck pattern for the baby blanket, I came across a Pooh washcloth pattern. Ya know I'm a sucker for Pooh bear.


Pattern: Happy Hunny Bear
Yarn: Lily Sugar'n Cream in Robin Egg
Needles: 4.5mm addis

And thanks to P-La, I cast on a felted clog.


Darn you and your cute clogs! These blue ones are for hubby. I've got some purple Lopi for mine.

Many Thanks
I have been remiss about thanking a few folks. Firstly, I'd like to thank Nikki. I won her blog contest last week. I can't wait to see what my prize is!

And Ricky and Phoebe won in the "cutest" category in the Central Park Footie contest hosted by Phyl. They would like to thank Phyl for recognizing their supreme cuteness. Sadly (for them), the prize is for me but maybe I'll give them extra treats today.

And a reminder that there's still time to enter our contest. You have until midnight PST Jan 31st.

Well, I'm off to do a little online shopping. It's Gladys' bday soon and I need to find an appropriate gift. Gladys - got any hints for me?

3 comments:

Nikki said...

You're quite welcome!!

Susan Pandorf said...

OK. I give up. You win. Your pictures are ccolder than my pictures.

Brrrrrrr!

Thanks for commenting...

Blessings!

Gabrielle said...

Hurray snow - I hope that it is still there in a week's time!

Also...please accept an award (see my blog)!