Monday, April 2, 2007

cashmere jackpot

I've been email chatting with my Wee Tiny Sock swap recipient, Ronnie. She was blogging about her newly finished Hidcote shawl. It's gorgeous and made out of cashmere yarn which is something that costs and arm and a leg over here. But she says it's similar in price to merino in the UK. So I checked out her source - Colourmart in the UK. And I may need to order something from there. Currently on my list is some dk cashmerino in the ocean moon colour. Only $25USD for 150g/570yds and that includes international shipping. Be still my heart...

1 comment:

The Imperfect Knitter said...

Hello, if you go on to E-bay and type in Colourmartuk , you will see some fantastic ' wine' mix, I am using 2 strands together and it knits beautifully as double knit wool ,( Interweave Knits spring 2007 top down raglan is the current sweater ) . I consider this an investment , I don't know what my husband would say about that , but then ,what the eye doesn't see, the heart doesn't grieve , in other words, he hasn't got a clue what I spend on cashmere, or my stash , and that is just how I like it ..........I don't ask how much he wastes on ink cartridges etc..