Wednesday, May 30, 2007

it's hot

Man, the weather's been really warm. Not warm enough to stop me from knitting but it's prompted me to get out into the garden. Yesterday, I pruned 3 pieris japonicas, 3 rhodos, 2 junipers, staked up 2 peonies, did a bunch of weeding, overseeded the bare patches in the lawn, and watered the newly seeded lawn. And today, I'm going to switch my closet over to my summer wardrobe - goodbye sweaters and hello shorts!

As for knitting, I have been working on the gift. I just finished the stockinette portion and I've moved onto the lace section. Yay! And I've been scoping out my next project. The dark brown silk that I mentioned in a previous post sold out before I could order it. So I'm going to start the lace nightie instead. After much consultation with the hubby, I ordered 2 cones of blue violet silk laceweight from Colourmart. I've asked for the lace to be plied together to make dk weight yarn (they do this free of charge). I can't wait for it to arrive!

And since I don't have any knitting pictures, I'll distract you with a cat picture:


"I love summer and sleeping in the sunshine" - Ricky

1 comment:

The Imperfect Knitter said...

Oh lucky you, the weather here is cold and very wet , and very much still woolly weather ...... I had to smile when you said about pruning your Japonica, my given name is Veronica and I was always called Japonica by a neighbour .