Thursday, May 10, 2007

some knitting content


I picked up the 4.5mm Addis at knit nite and cast on the raglan cardi. I got the ribbing knit before I left 3bf. I've knit for a few hours today and I'm almost at the end of the first ball of yarn. I really like this cotton-ease. I showed it to hubby and asked if he would like me to knit him a "sweater curse" sweater and he wants to see it washed first. Smart man.

The indigo ripples skirt has stalled. I can't seem to get my hands on the needles that I want to buy (3mm Addi Lace) so I'm going to see if I can borrow one from my co-blogger. Keep your fingers crossed.


And on the stash enhancement front, a little box from KP arrived. On the left is some Palette yarn. I plan on using the brown and pink for Eunny's Endpaper mitts. It will be my first attempt at real fair isle. I will use the rest of the pink for either fingerless mitts or maybe socks. The other yarn is for my co-blogger. She ordered some Essential sock yarn and some Wool of the Andes. She'll be making socks with her yarn.

I was a bad girl this week and I placed a large sock yarn order. I'm getting the not-available-until-lateJune/earlyJuly Regia Kaffe Fassett sock yarn. I ordered every Landscape colour. It's going to be my birthday present from my sister and my Mom. I can't tell you how excited I am about this. KF started out designing knitwear but I know him as a quilter and I buy his quilting books and fabrics. But now he's got sock yarn!!! He's the perfect man (SHHHH! Don't tell hubby).

I am contemplating a fabric order. I found this cute fabric where the cats are knitting! I may need to order a whole pile of it. I am such a bad girl for even looking at fabric. I won't order any until the weekend since I need to see how much money I spend at the Fibrefest.

Ricky is doing better today. He is fighting tooth and nail when we try to feed him the antibiotics. His appetite is still so-so. I think he may have a sore throat or mouth. He'll eat the canned food ok but seems to be having problems with the dry kibble. He had quite the coughing fit after eating part of his supper. At least, he didn't spend the whole day under our bed. Ricky had a normal day of sleeping on a quilt on the family room sofa, lying on the window sill in the laundry room, and sleeping in our bedroom window. I just hope his appetite perks up.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

That is a fabulous fabric find! I hope Ricky perks up quickly.