Sunday, June 3, 2007

Top 10 geekiest yarn creations

Threadbanger has a list of what they think are the top 10 geekiest yarn creations on the web. The Space Invaders socks from Knitty made it, of course. I like the idea of the scrollbar scarf, but I think it could have been executed a little better.

In other news, our Little Knits order has arrived! (Along with a customs fee of $22, sigh.) Past packages from LK got through without customs; I guess I was due for one to be assessed. And the sale prices were pretty incredible. So now we're rolling in sock yarn, aren't we? I think I might be using the blue Online Winter balls for a baby sweater. We'll see — there are babies popping out all this fall, and I don't know if they're boys or girls yet.

And I promised photos of my current WIPS, so here they are.

The baby surprise blob ...


And this is how it looks as a baby surprise jacket. Yarn is Moda Dea Sassy Stripes, bought at that awesome yarn sale at Dressew.


And yes, I'm now working on a second one, because these things are damned addictive to knit!


And the entrelac sock, from Trekking 108 (based on Eunny's pattern in IK). I love how the long repeats of Trekking take pretty much a "row" of entrelac blocks to work out. But I'm having a lot of trouble with the fit of this sock. It's the first sock I've made that I can't get over my heel easily. I did go down from the 1 of the pattern to a 0 needle, because I lose tension when I knit and purl backwards. The second sock will be in the time out corner until I decide whether I'm ripping this back to before the heel or not. It's a lot of work to re-do if I do — this sock took about a week to make, and it usually takes me a week to do a pair!

Project note: The IK pattern has the entrelac blocks knit in alternating colours, but I much prefer Eunny's original idea, of doing it in Trekking.

And, in lieu of cat photos, how about one of Andrew? He's hopping around the house in one of my fake-crocs. Yes, two of his wee feet fit in one of my shoes.

2 comments:

Dotty said...

Did we get charged PST? Yarn is PST exempt and you can get a refund.

Hooray for more sock yarn!

PurlingPirate said...

That entrelac sock is awesome!!!