Friday, June 29, 2007

status report

Someone keeps asking me about my lace nightie. So here's a progress picture:


I've completed about 2 and a half repeats of the lace pattern. I've got the pattern memorized but it doesn't make the knitting go any faster. I am very pleased with the look of the lace in the silk. My stitches look horribly uneven but a good wash and block will fix it.

Monkey socks seem to have my attention at the moment.


After much deliberation (and hauling out all my yarn choices), I chose the Sweetgeorgia in Blue Steel. It's been sitting on the coffee table taunting me for the last few months while I've knit with other sock yarn.

I am rethinking this whole "24 socks" project for the TDF KAL. I kinda forgot that I'm going camping for a week plus I have a list of chores to do before I leave. Rats...

Happy Canada Day long weekend! I will be praying for sun so that I don't get soaked listening to free jazz on Sunday. I'll be gobbling chocolate filled croissants, munching on cherries, and KIPing. Plus my gift knitting gets gifted so I get to post about it Monday/soon (depends on whether she opens her gift right away or waits until her actual birthday).

3 comments:

PurlingPirate said...

Your weekend sounds like so much fun and that sock yarn is gorgeous!!

The Imperfect Knitter said...

Wow , what a fabulous week end you have planned, have you tried to knit the monkey socks toe up ? the pattern looks just as great the other way round . Oh, and just as an after thought ...... the nightie looks wonderful !!!!!!!!!
Have a great week end and I hope that the sun shines for you

Meg said...

maybe you can do a 24-sock challenge but pro-rate it to the number of days you have available to knit?!
Or, that nightie is tres belle, and quite easily imagined as a French style garment!